Tuesday, August 27, 2013

San Diego - Day 5

 Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4

Tuesday was our last day in California, sadly.  We had a slow start to the morning, but eventually we all packed into the car and made our way to Coronado Island.  It's a ritzy island off the coast of San Diego and it was another thing on my must-see list.  We walked around Hotel Del Coronado after driving around the neighborhoods a bit.  The hotel was gorgeous and reminded me of Disney's Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World.


We also walked a bit along the beach at Coronado too.  It was probably my favorite beach that we saw the whole trip.  Despite being very windy, it was gorgeous!  And it looks like the hotel hooks you up if you're a guest.


We went back to San Diego to go to lunch at High Dive, one of Christian's favorite burger joints in San Diego.  It was also a nice little celebration for Jay's birthday, which was a few days after we left.  It was pretty good burger, but their German soft pretzel was incredible!  I'd go back for another one of those!



 We didn't have much more time, so we said our goodbyes and got all packed up.  We had to drop Jay off at his church for a meeting, so Sarah took us back downtown to El Camino again.  I wanted to go there again because of how good their salsa was.  Next time I'm in San Diego, I'm going to be there every day!


It was such a great trip and I had a lot of fun.  It was nice to meet Christian's dad and his sister for the first time, too.

Follow Me!
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment