Monday, August 26, 2013

San Diego - Day 4

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3

Monday was jam-packed with fun!  The main thing I wanted to do while we were in San Diego was go to San Diego Zoo.  It's definitely one of the best zoos in the country and hardly anyone disagrees.  (I have to admit, I wasn't prepared for how hilly it was going to be!  Also, it was kind of a complicated maze.)  Christian's sister Sarah had come down from LA the night before, so I met her that morning and she joined us at the zoo, along with his dad Jay.


We hit up the reptile house first because it's the closest exhibit to the entrance and it's one of Christian's favorites.  I loved seeing the koalas and pandas since they haven't been at other zoos I've visited (just Denver and Memphis that I can think of).  I also enjoy seeing the tigers and polar bears at any zoo.  Christian's other favorite animals to see are the hippos.  We rode the Skyfari Aerial Tram, which has a great view of the surrounding areas and gets you across the zoo quickly, but you can't really see any animals.  By the way, I'm pretty sure I was the only person at the zoo that didn't have a camera with a huge lens!  I'd like to see their pictures!



 Christian and I went back to Ocean Beach for yet another late lunch at one of his favorite Mexican spots, Nico's.  It was okay, but not my favorite.  Also, my burrito was too big for me to finish, so Christian ate his plus a third of mine and was full for the rest of the day.



We got pretty lucky that night that we were able to get free tickets to the Padres game because Christian's friend Greg couldn't go to the game.  We took the trolly downtown and met Greg and his girlfriend at Barley Mash for drinks before the game.  The place was pretty cool, but it was a little expensive.  I had the Kate Sessions cocktail, which has gin, St. Germaine, lemon, and strawberry and it was delicious.  Greg and his girlfriend Ashley split the San Diego Iron Fries.  Think nachos with fries.  Amazing(ly bad for you).



Petco Park was within walking distance, so we headed over to the game eventually.  We didn't get there till the sixth inning because we had so much fun over drinks, but when you get free tickets from someone who got them free, who cares?  Unfortunately (for Padres fans), they lost to the Pirates, but we still had fun.  There was an older gentleman that kept getting on the jumbotron for dancing during their pump-up songs, which was probably the best part of the game.  Petco Park is pretty nice, but I'm still partial to Coors Field.


Follow Me!
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment