Wednesday, December 02, 2015

December 2015 Goals



Let's take a look back at November

{Spiritual} Become re-grounded on the getaway. This was probably the goal I was most looking forward to accomplishing and probably the biggest fail. Honestly, it was quite upsetting how little I feel I got out of the mini-retreat. I think my hopes were so high because of the incredible experience I had on the getaway in March, but this one left me feeling empty, confused, and raw instead of fulfilled, satisfied, and loved. I guess the silver lining is that I have some direction with what I need to focus on in myself.

{Financial} Cut my credit card debt in half. Nope. I need to be better about it in December because now I have to push back my pay-off goal to January 31, 2016.

{Social} Enjoy time with my loved ones over Thanksgiving. Mission accomplished. For the second time in my life, I didn't eat with my family on Thanksgiving, but I had a wonderful time with friends and got to spend time with my family that weekend.

{Mental} Find balance between my work life and personal life. I think I did alright at this. I'm getting better at not going straight home to keep working or not working right before I go to sleep. I think one of the biggest contributors to this getting better is that my Monday and Tuesday evenings got freed up, but I only have another month of that freedom.
 
{Physical} Take more Pure Barre classes than I took in November 2014. I did it. But I only took nine.

{Personal} Give up alcohol and Starbucks. Well, I didn't do terribly. With the exception of maybe five times, I only had Starbucks when someone else was buying or because of a business meeting type thing. And even then, I'd say I probably only had it ten times throughout the month. (That makes me sound like I have such a problem. Yikes.) I did alright with alcohol, but I absolutely could have done better.

{Professional} Find a routine that works for me
. Getting better! I still need to have a little more structure with my routine, but I think I'm doing a better job of staying on top of things.

And onto the 2015 finale

{Spiritual} Complete the SheReadsTruth Advent plan. I've long since given up on my Bible in a Year plan, unfortunately. But I'm committed to completing the Advent plan this year. (I think I completed it last year.) I'll attempt to tackle the Bible in a Year again in January.

{Financial} Spend no more than 25% of what I spend on myself. Let's be honest, if I say "Spend $0 on myself all month", that won't last. But of my "extra" spending--meaning not on the essentials--I'd like to spend 75% on others and 25% at most on myself.

{Social} Make the most of the holiday season. Things on my December activity list include: work party, zoo lights, ice skating, Parade of Lights, crafting, baking, and probably so much more. I love Christmastime and I'd like to do all the fun holiday things and do them with my friends and family!

{Mental} Keep up with my journals daily. I really enjoy taking even 15 minutes for quite time to write in my journals. I have two. A 5 Year Journal that asks a random question every day for five years. (It'll start to get cool next year since I started on January 1, 2015.) And a prayer journal. I started that on March 1, 2015 and I write 1 thing I'm thankful for, 1 thing I'm asking for, and 1 thing/person I'm praying for each day. A lot of times, I'll end up playing catch-up every couple of days instead of carving out that time each day.
 
{Physical} Don't gain "holiday weight". Admittedly, I'm already up a few pounds since October, but I'd like to not continue to gain and actually shed those extra pounds before 2016. That's a lofty goal considering holiday treats are my greatest weakness. (Gingerbread anyone?

{Personal} Figure out what, realistically, what I can afford in terms of buying a car and a house in the near and not-so-near future. I definitely need to get a new car in early 2016. My dear Rosie is on her last leg for sure. I wanted to have her for at least 5 years, but there's absolutely no way she'll make it to March of 2017, so we'll just have to call it close enough. In terms of buying a house, that's definitely more of a long-term goal, but something I need to start taking into consideration sooner rather than later.

{Professional} Bring in more new clients than last month
. If there's one thing I'm passionate about, it's Pure Barre Boulder. January is always the biggest month for fitness and health, but I'd like to see more new clients walk through our doors in December than in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment