Monday, July 15, 2013

2 Weeks of Unlimited Pure Barre

 
If you watch The Bachelor, you may have heard of Ashley Spivey.  She was on Brad 2.0's season and was sent home on the dreaded two-on-one date in Las Vegas while her Bachelor BFF Ashley Hebert stayed (and eventually became The Bachelorette and eventually married J.P. Rosenbaum on national TV where Ashley Spivey served as a bridesmaid).  But who's keeping track, right?
 
 
Anyway, Ashley S. used to write the BEST recaps for the franchise, but they have since done away with former contestant blogs.  Still, I follow her on Twitter and Instagram because she's super funny, super fit, and living the life in New York City.
 
 
Ashley has a body that was made for Herve Leger and I've been curious for a while how she does it.  Well, she has posted here and there about Pure Barre and I finally looked into it.  And just in time!  Pure Barre Boulder was offering 2 weeks of unlimited classes for just $39, which is great because when I saw one class is $23, I was a little reluctant.  I did some research and called to ask some questions and then finally decided to enjoy some classes and hopefully see some results.

I'll try to post updates about my Pure Barre journey here, on Facebook, on Twitter, and on Instagram.  In the meantime, I recently found a fellow Colorado blogger, Amanda, who has been doing Pure Barre for some time and has posted pictures of her before and after body.  She looks great!  Read her blog here.


My first class was yesterday afternoon and I'll be back again tonight.  I'm trying to get 8 to 10 classes in during my 2 week unlimited period since they recommend 3-5 times a week.  I was afraid my thighs and buns would be incredibly sore this morning, but it's actually my abs.  Having sore abs makes things like blowing your nose and turning around pretty torturous!


After class yesterday, since it was pretty cool in Colorado this weekend, I walked two miles along Boulder Creek.  It's nice to get a change of scenery in my #50MilesInJuly challenge and makes driving to Boulder a little more worth it since I'm spending more time there.  After this weekend, I've done almost 29 miles over 15 walks.  Tonight, I'm going to squeeze in a quick walk before heading to the mall to do some shopping for my Cara Box.

Finally, if I say this publicly, I might hold myself more accountable: This week is the beginning of water only for me!  I was really good about not drinking soda for a while, but I'm back on the Coke train.  Other than my morning homemade smoothies, I'm not going to let myself drink ANYTHING but water.  No soda, no chai, no alcohol, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for linking to my blog! Way to get your first class out of the way! It only gets better from here. Also, I always think I am way more sore the second day after the class, so you have to let me know how you feel tomorrow! I will be sure to link up to your PB post in one of my posts this week. I also looked at the Cara Box post and can't believe I haven't heard of it before! I'm going to be all over it next month.

    ReplyDelete