Monday, August 18, 2014

New York City :: Day 3

Day 3 in New York City, once again, got off to a late start. I decided to take the subway back to the same stop on the Upper West Side and find somewhere to have brunch. I was really craving waffles.


I ended up finding Sarabeth's on my phone and when I saw they had these lemon ricotta pancakes, I was sold. They were the best pancakes of my life and the mimosa actually came with refills! Woohoo! I just wish I hadn't ordered a side of potatoes ($7 later) because I wasn't even hungry after I finished the pancakes and no side of potatoes is worth that much! Sheesh!


After brunch, I walked through the park (and of course picked the path that's actually a street and was the only moron walking on that sidewalk) and then went to the Met. I'll admit, part of the draw was the steps (thanks, Blair Waldorf), but there was construction outside and it didn't make for a very good picture. Anyway, I wandered around for a few hours and it wasn't even close to enough time!


After walking around for a while, I sat down on a bench and a family just walked by me and the mom said, "Who paints ballerinas and horses? Does anybody know?" The little boy said, "Ooh, it's the old guy! That really, really old guy!" I just thought that was hysterical.


I wish you could see just how big this painting was. It seemed to be the star of the American wing.


I heard there was a bar on top of the Met, but that you needed to purchase admission to get up to the roof. Since I had already been inside the museum, I decided to go up to the roof, but the bar was way out of my price range. I just enjoyed the scenery instead.


Funny story, I offered to take a picture for a woman and her daughter and the woman offered to take a picture for me. She did, but the angle was awful. I waited a bit and then asked another woman to take my picture and it was somehow even worse. After a while, a girl about my age came up and asked if I could take a picture of her and said, "I'll just set it to square so I can upload it to Instagram right away." I asked her to take a picture for me and it finally turned out! Ha! 


After I left the Met, I walked to Starbucks to charge my phone for a while. Then I took the subway to Sprinkles again. I ended up getting another four red velvet cupcakes and I thought this zebra print wallpaper was the perfect opportunity for a photo op.


After I purchased my cupcakes, I had to get to the Upper West Side and I had about 45 minutes to get there. I asked the girl at Sprinkles the fastest way to get there and made it in the nick of time. I had registered for the 5:30 class at SoulCycle and I couldn't have been more excited to take class!


The class was seriously amazing, but you can read all about it on the link above. I wish SoulCycle would come to Colorado!


After class, (when I was sweaty and disgusting), I met my cousin for dinner at La Cocina Economica on the Upper West Side. I had a steak burrito and it was a little similar to Chipotle, but it was literally the best burrito I've ever had in my life!


I really enjoyed catching up with my cousin Brittany, who I hadn't seen in about 2 years. It was so great to see her and especially over a delicious dinner! Krista met us at the restaurant and then she and I went back to her apartment and called it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment