Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rachel Does Disney World (Again)

Well, I already posted about a few of the things from Rachel's visit, both out of order.  Check out Anberlin at House of Blues for what we did Saturday night and Epcot Food & Wine Festival for what we did Sunday night.  As for Saturday afternoon and Tuesday morning/afternoon...here you go!

We visited Disney World in 1996 with our mom, aunt, uncle, and cousins Nicole and Lucas.  I remember bits and pieces of it.  And I really wish I had at least one picture to show you guys.  I'll work on that.  The second time we visited was probably 2000 or 2001.  Rachel had a golf tournament down here, so Mom and I went to the parks a lot when Rachel was golfing or resting.  So for her, this was practically her second time here!  She also didn't go to Disney's Animal Kingdom with us, so it was her very first time there.

On Saturday afternoon, we hit up the one, the only Magic Kingdom!  (Actually, it's not the only.  But it's the only one with Cinderella's castle.)  It was insanely busy, but we got to do a handful of rides.

Rachel on Space Mountain--one of the many fantastic ride photos

 Cinderella's Castle

After Magic Kingdom, we went back to my apartment for pigs in a blanket and Caesar salad.  Delicious!  That night was the Anberlin concert at Downtown Disney and let me tell you, it took FOREVER to get to House of Blues.  Nearly an hour.  That wasn't very much fun.  But Disney World, pigs in a blanket, and Anberlin isn't a shabby day at all.

The next day, I got off work early so Rachel and I could go to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, my favorite park.  We saved just enough time at the end of the night so Rachel could ride Soarin' for the first time and I'm pretty sure she loved it!  We didn't have time for Test Track too though, so I guess she'll have to come back!!

On Tuesday, Rachel's last day in Florida, we squeezed in the last two parks before she had to be at the airport.  First was Hollywood Studios, just so she could have a redemption at Tower of Terror and also ride Rockin' Rollercoaster for the first time.

Tower of Terror

I think she loved Tower of Terror just as much as she did the first time.  Which if I recall correctly, was not at all.  In fact, back in 1996, Rachel had the unfortunate experience of having to sit in the middle seat in the back row directly in front of the isle for the other rows.  She had just eaten and was not feeling the ride at all!  I loved it and our uncle loved her misery.  It's one of the few things I remember from that first Disney World trip.  Rockin' Rollercoaster was a lot of fun though, right Rach?

 The Sorcerer's Hat

After the Sunset Boulevard rides, we skipped the rest of the park and headed over to Animal Kingdom.  Since Animal Kingdom opened in 1998 and Rachel was mostly busy with her golf tournament the second time we came, this was her first time in Disney World's newest theme park.  (Also the world's largest theme park.)  We did the Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, and Expedition Everest.  Is that it?  I don't remember.

Tree of Life

I was sad to see her go after that.  I was also a little uneasy about trying Quizno's for the first time.  But it was actually pretty good!

I had a lot of fun with you, Rach!  I wish you would come back and visit me again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment