Tuesday, June 14, 2016

England {Day 3}

Tuesday, May 17th


[Canvas House]

On Tuesday morning, Connor, JW, and Rachel got up early to hand out free tea and coffee on campus with Stephen. Shelby, Christina, and I got to sleep in a bit, but we met them at Canvas to do our morning devo on the porch. We had some time to kill afterward, so we started a game of Settlers of Catan and ate gummy bears before the Canvas staff showed up.

We went to lunch on campus that day with Tom and some of the Canvas students. They had a food court like you would find on any campus and we got to pick from all kinds of foods for lunch. If I remember correctly, this was the first and only time I had fish and chips on the trip. I also had a horrible tooth ache after getting three fillings the week before we left and the pain reached its pinnacle at lunch that day, which was good news because it started feeling better after.


[St. Martin's Cathedral]

We headed back to Canvas after lunch to meet up with Stephen again before heading downtown. We took the train to the City Centre to explore the city a bit. I wanted to get some cool English shoes, so Shelby and I looked around the Bull Ring (a big mall) for a little while and I settled on some awesome shoes, but not exactly what I wanted. We met back up with Christina, then stopped at Starbucks (with this amazing view of St. Martin) to get on WiFi to meet up with Stephen, JW, Connor, and Ben.

[Tilt]

We quite literally ran into them on the street while walking toward the library where they were. Ben took us to this place called Tilt that's a coffee bar, and actual bar, and a pinball bar all in one. (One of my new friends from England was actually there last night with a bunch of people from Canvas and to say I was jealous would be an understatement.) It was fun hanging out and I can't say I've ever been to a pinball bar before.


[Pistachio Macaron]

We had to get back to Canvas to help get ready for their Tuesday night event. (Rachel met us back at the house and brought us macarons!) That week they were having an alley party, which is basically just a BBQ. Unfortunately, that was one of the rare moments of bad weather, so we had to hang out inside rather than being outside as we intended.

They made sausages and Shelby and I helped make potato salad. That night was pretty low key, as we just hung out with students and played games. 

Daily Step Total: 16,540

No comments:

Post a Comment