Friday, April 01, 2016

April 2016 Goals


March:

{Spiritual} Be more intentional about prayer. Honestly and unfortunately, I haven't noticed any changes from any other month.

{Financial} Raise at least 50% of the cost of my England trip. I'm $70 short of being at exactly 50%. I wish I had sent my letters out earlier because my trip is in 6 weeks and it's starting to stress me out.

{Social} Spend one night a week out with friends. Nailed it. After getting into a habit of staying in every night, I actually got out and socialized. I think I also met my previous goal of meeting with at least one person per week outside of Merge.

{Mental} Read a book. Ugh, no. I have to start reading again!
  
{Physical} Complete the 21 classes in 31 days challenge at Pure Barre Boulder. Close, but no cigar. One week I totally slacked off and only took one class all week. I would have made it otherwise.

{Personal} Don't drink alcohol. This lasted literally two days. I forgot about it on March 3rd and got a glass of wine with a friend. It was all downhill from there. In fact, I feel like I drank more in March than in the last few months.

{Professional} Get back to my bubbly self. I'd say yes. I'm definitely feeling more like myself again, which is great.

April:


{Spiritual} Focus on my daily Bible reading. I've gotten into the habit of listening to my daily Bible reading on my way home from work, but I don't always do a great job of paying attention.

{Financial} Don't use my credit cards at all for 30 daysObviously when you're trying to eliminate your credit card debt, it's not smart to continue to spend on your credit cards. It's frustrating to think how many times over I would have paid off my credit card debt if I wasn't incurring so much more debt every month. I need some discipline here.

{Social} Successfully host my fourth annual Game of Thrones viewing partyIt's tradition now, so let the brainstorming begin! We've got to come up with some more great ideas to top last year's party.

{Mental} Read a bookBack it again with the lofty goal to read one book.
  
{Physical} Start doing yoga againI used to do yoga 2-3 times a week back in 2009. I can't remember another time when I felt so great about myself. It would take me approximately 2 minutes to get to class, so I'm not quite sure what's stopping me, especially since I've been thinking about it for a while now.

{Personal} Only eat carbs, dairy, and/or sugar at one mealOne time my mom and my sister decided not to eat carbs after 11:00AM. I'm not sure I could commit to that, but I think I could commit to only eating carbs, dairy, and/or sugar once a day. So if I have eggs over my sweet potato hash for breakfast, I can have pasta for dinner. But if I have oatmeal for breakfast, the rest of the day is meat, vegetables, and fruit. That seems doable.


{Professional} Begin work on the barre displaysWe have 100, 300, 500, and 1000 Club barres that our clients can sign when they take that many classes. I've had plans to work on this for months, but I just haven't gotten started yet. I need to make it a priority and finally get those done!

No comments:

Post a Comment