Friday, February 27, 2015

Two Hundred & Fifty


This week, I took my 250th class at Pure Barre Boulder. (I've also taken 3 other classes this year that don't count toward my total: 1 at Pure Barre Park City, 1 at the pop up studio at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, and 1 private class taught by PB Boulder's newest teacher.) At my studio, 250 isn't a barre-signing milestone like it is at other studios, but I only have 50 classes to go before I join the next club!

I've been doing Pure Barre for over a year and a half now and it has truly become a way of life for me. I've honestly never lasted so long with one particular exercise. I tried yoga. I tried boot camp. I tried spinning. Nothing has stuck quite like Pure Barre and I think I owe it all to the community at the studio.

I've been working at the front desk for almost 10 months now and it has completely changed my relationship with Pure Barre. I've gotten to know so many of our amazing clients and I absolutely love being at the studio every day I'm there. If I'm having a crummy day, my mood and attitude completely change the second I step through those doors. It's impossible to be in a bad mood there!

The last few months of my employment at the studio have been so exciting and filled with new opportunities. On January 1st, I completely took over the Pure Barre Boulder Instagram and have been posting daily ever since. As of this week, I'll also be putting out the studio's monthly newsletter. It's been so much fun to head up the social media and communications aspect of the studio and I'm having such a blast with it!

Besides my professional opportunities at the studio, I've also noticed a lot of improvement physically and with the technique. I continue to feel I still have a long ways to go, since it's always a work in progress, but I'm consistently meeting goals that I set for myself months ago. I have endurance throughout class that I didn't have when I first started, or even a year ago when I joined the 100 Club! Plus, my butt has never looked better!


Starting March 1st, we're doing another challenge: 21 classes in 31 days. I'll be out of town for 6 days in March, but I'm going to try to complete the goal anyway. Last year, I took 22 classes in the month of March and it would be awesome to beat that, but we'll see what happens! If I knock out another 21 classes in a month, I'll be joining the 300 Club in no time!

Follow my entire Pure Barre journey with these posts:


*guest post

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's a lot of classes! I wish Pure Barre wasn't so pricey or I would definitely be interested in joining.

    ReplyDelete