Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Winter Formal 2010

{Dinner.  Dancing.  Disney.}

Monday night was the 2010 Winter Formal for Disney's College Program over at the convention center at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.  It was a lot of fun and a great opportunity to see some of the people I've met down here on the Fall 2010 Program for possibly the last time.  Everybody is leaving a month from today!  There was, as Daniel put it, a great spread for dinner--but free food always tastes better anyway.  A good DJ--even though he kept saying "AND THE CROWD GOES WIIIIILD!!!" after every single song.  (Also another witty comment from Daniel: "Does it really count if the crowd doesn't go wild until after you say it?")  And, of course, Disney characters.  Jaime, Daniel, and I met Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen as well as Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.  I've seen people posing with Cinderella and Prince Charming, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, Mickey and Minnie, and Ariel and Prince Eric.  I'm not sure who else was there.

Jaime & Phil (from England)

Adrian (from Australia)

Jaime & Payton

Jon (from Puerto Rico) & Jaime

Jaime

Prince Naveen, Jaime, & Princess Tiana
(The Princess & the Frog)

Rapunzel, Jaime, Flynn Rider, & Daniel
(Tangled)

Daniel & Jaime

Dane (from Barbados) & Jaime

Adriana (from Ecuador), Jaime, & Jenna

Francisco (from Mexico) & Jenna

Emily, Jenna, Adriana (from Ecuador), Kaori (from Japan), Jaime, & Zuly (from Mexico)
Francisco (from Mexico), & Payton

Zuly (from Mexico)

Fernando (from Mexico)

Jaime, Fernando (from Mexico), Francisco (from Mexico), Payton, & Adriana (from Ecuador)

Kyle (from Canada)

Daniel, Payton, Brittany, & Alaina

As you can see, I've met people from not only all over the United States, but all over the world.  And here's a little insight into my circle of friends--all of these people are lifeguards or have been at one point during their program.

And I believe that counts as #74 (Go to a fancy event).  I guess I'm making some progress here on my 101 Goals.

I'm gonna miss these guys next spring.

2 comments:

  1. You look AWESOME in our dress!!! And your friend Fernando is my fave. I want to know him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you worn it yet?? I love it, but I had to safety pin the belt because it broke in the car. Booo!!!

    Yeah Fernando is awesome. He's a sports announcer in Mexico and his announcer voice is SO legit.

    ReplyDelete