Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Mouseters Degree

I completed my Disney class!
  
And I got a Mouseters Degree!


I started a class in October that ended today.  It's for the Disney Exploration Series and it's called Exploring Marketing.  Each week we had guest speakers from different parts of the marketing division in Disney.

Week 2: Global and Walt Disney World Marketing
We mostly talked about the different campaigns--Year of a Million Dreams, What Will You Celebrate?, Let the Memories Begin.  Global in Disney terms means Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Week 3: Walt Disney World Marketing Strategy
Unfortunately I was absent this week.

Week 4: Disney Special Events Marketing
We talked about the process that goes into marketing the special events that take place at Walt Disney World, like the Food & Wine Festival or the Food & Garden Festival, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Week 5: Disney Vacation Club Marketing
Since the new DVC resort is opening in Hawaii soon, we discussed their marketing strategy for that new property and the tactics they've always used.  (Like Snow White being their mascot.  No other character resonates as well.)  It made me want to convince my mom to join the DVC.  Hint, hint...

Week 6: Disney Cruise Line Marketing
With the new ship setting off on her maiden voyage in 2011, we talked about how to market the Disney Dream as well as keep the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic fresh and desirable.  It made me want to convince my mom to take a Disney cruise.  Hint, hint...

Week 7: Customer Managed Relationship
After a week off for Thanksgiving, we came back for one final guest speaker group from CMR.  (Of course since it's Disney, everything has abbreviations.)  They mostly talked about their direct mail and email, which are the main things they are in charge of.  It was cool to see how that side of the business works.  And how expensive direct mail is!

I'm really glad I was able to sign up for the class.  I was literally the last person to be able to sign up because there was only one spot left.  I can't wait to take another Exploration Series class next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment