Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Finn & Rey

One month ago, I embarked on a new adventure...I fostered two puppies! I normally foster kittens--in fact, I've fostered 61 kittens in about 6 years--but during the holidays, there were a lot of puppies that needed a few weeks in foster while they got a little bigger. I decided to just go for it, and I agreed to take two for two weeks. They ended up being the sweetest, cuddliest, cutest, puppies I've ever seen! Since I had just gone to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the third time before picking them up, I renamed them Finn and Rey.

When I first brought them home! All they did was sleep and snuggle for the first 4 hours. 

 


I took the puppies to work, which also happened to be my six month anniversary working full time at the studio. 


We got a major snow storm one day and the puppies loved playing in the snow. (I only kept them out for a couple of minutes.) 

I got a sweater for Hurley at the $1 spot in Target during Christmastime. It just so happened to be puppy size as well, but Finn embraced the look a lot better than Hurley did. 

I took the puppies over to my dad's so they could meet their two dogs. Bonnie is older and has zero patience for puppy shenanigans. Tango really wanted to play with the puppies, but he didn't realize how much bigger he was than them. Rey took a liking to him though. Finn, not so much. 


I went to PetCo to get them Star Wars themed toys. They loved the Chewy toy, but they didn't quite get the concept of the BB-8 toy. (It has a tennis ball inside of it. It was just too hard to chew on.) 

I took Rey to run some errands with me, including picking up a kid from school. She awfully popular after class got out and she did awesome! 

Finn can sleep anywhere. 


Getting in some final quality time with them the night before I had to take them back to the Humane Society. They look the same in the picture, but Finn is on the left and Rey is on the right. It perfectly sums up their little personalities.

I had about two and a half weeks with them. They got to meet a lot of people, hang out with me at work, and have quite a few adventures during their short time with me. I definitely miss the pups, but I don't really miss the work that it takes to have puppies. Part of me wishes that I had kept one (or both), but I think in the long run, it's good that I didn't. I hope they went to wonderful homes with wonderful families. I was able to visit with Finn the day after I took them back to the Humane Society (and briefly saw Rey, who was visiting with another family at the time) and I would imagine they were both adopted the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment