Wednesday, July 01, 2015

July 2015 Goals


A look back on June:

{Spiritual} Finish the Sermon on the Mount SheReadsTruth devotional. I caught up in my #Bible365 plan, then I lost fuel to keep going and I'm actually behind in that plan now too.

{Financial} Catch up to my debt pay-off goal. Nope. Just nope. The end of May and the beginning of June was nearly devastating to my credit card, so I need to get back on track.

{Social} Start volunteering with the young adult ministry. I'll admit, this one was kind of a gimme. On June 4th, I attended the new leader training before Merge and on June 20th, I had my interview with the young adult pastor.

{Mental} Read a book. I've actually been reading The World of Ice and Fire, a history predating the events of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), but I haven't finished it. The plan is to read that and then reread the first five books. (I'm so terrible about just reading books I've already read, so send some recommendations my way!)

{Physical} Take my 300th Pure Barre class on the 14th. Things really got away from me at Pure Barre early this month, especially with my schedule being different for two weeks. By the 14th, I was only at 295 classes.

{Personal} Be a nicer driver. I think overall I'm getting better about this. Less road rage. Less speeding. Less tailgating.

{Professional} Spend less time working. I really should have phrased this as "Take time off at Pure Barre." because that's what I meant. I was able to take some time off and work fewer hours than usual, and definitely fewer hours than May. Yeah, I miss the money (duh), but it was nice to have some evenings free that I usually spend at work!

A look ahead to July: 

{Spiritual} Make meaningful connections on the rafting trip and as a Merge leader. Last month, I started the process of becoming a leader for the young adult ministry that I've been a part of since last September. Things went well and I'm really excited about being part of that community in a different capacity. I'm also going on a rafting trip this month and I'm going to be out of my comfort zone both in rafting and because my usual group of friends isn't all going to be there. It should be fun!

{Financial} Reevaluate my finances and my financial goals. With some big changes coming up, I need to sit down and look over how I'm spending every penny and if I need to tweak anything in my budget going forward. I need to set reasonable goals regarding savings, debt, and--dare I say--maybe even a realistic timeline for buying a house! Gasp!

{Social} Spend as much time with Scott as possible. My little brother will be home for about a week after he graduates from training at Fort Eustis and before he heads off to South Korea for a year. He obviously has a lot to do in his time home, but I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with him and my family.

{Mental} Finish The World of Ice and Fire. I've been reading it here and there, but after forgetting to ask the family for the wifi password where I'm housesitting, I've been reading it before bed the last few days. (Instead of watching Netflix! YAY!)

{Physical} Take 18 Pure Barre classes. That should be a piece of cake. I've been in and out of a health slump lately, but I always feel rejuvenated at the barre in July, probably because my 2 year anniversary of Pure Barre is approaching! It's time to get back in the saddle.

{Personal} Meet the preset Fitbit goals. My Fitbit is set to get 10,000 steps, 5 miles, 2,500 calories, 10 flights of stairs, 30 active minutes, and 100 ounces of water per day. I probably won't hit each of these goals every day for the next 31 days, but I've been REALLY slacking the last couple of weeks, barely getting 5,000 steps most days and doing even worse with "active minutes". With the upcoming changes, I will be on my feet more and hopefully working out more. I at least need to make a better effort at meeting all of these.

{Professional} Kill it in my first month at my new job. More details to come on this, but I'm really excited that I'll be starting a new job (well, kind of) next week. I obviously want to do well and succeed! This is going to be an exciting adventure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment