Monday, September 16, 2013

Direwolf Kittens

On Wednesday, I picked up three kittens from the Humane Society.  They came from a litter of six, but they split them into two groups of three--the boys and the girls.  I got the three girls and decided to change their names to Lady, Nymeria, and Summer, after three of the Direwolfs from Game of Thrones.  You best believe if I had gotten their three brothers their names would be Rheagal, Viserion, and Drogon!



They're only four weeks old and by far the youngest and smallest kittens we've ever had.  Summer has to be the runt of the litter.  The first day I brought them home, you could feel every bone in her body and she would only eat from a syringe.


Unfortunately, after I left for work on Thursday morning, I wasn't able to get back home until Saturday afternoon.  My mom and my sister were able to take care of them while I was stuck on the north side of the flooded river, and I'm so thankful for that!  By the time I got back, all three kittens had gained weight and my mom had cleaned them all up quite a bit.


They are the sweetest kittens.  A lot of kittens we get are weary of people and hide for a few days before they get used to us.  These three cry if we leave the room and just want to cuddle with us.


I'm excited that they'll be with us for a while.  They need to be at least 2 pounds, at least 8 weeks, and healthy to get fixed, and then we get to keep them at least a week after that.  I'm going to treasure every moment with them!


{Please excuse my legs and/or feet in some of the pictures of them.  Like I said, they like to cuddle!  And please pardon their dirty faces.  They haven't quite figured out how to clean themselves yet.  We're working on it.}

2 comments:

  1. I think I liked all of these pictures on Instagram. These guys are so cute, and I'm so happy you're there to foster them! Little babies need so much attention, and they really are little..

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg they're so adorable! I'm a cat lover myself. : ) I love the names you gave them! haha very clever.

    ReplyDelete