Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Name Is Hannah & I'm an Epcotaholic

I realized this yesterday.

Jenna and I happened to have the same days off this week, so we were able to have lots of Disney fun together.  On Monday, we went to Blizzard Beach, one of Disney's two water parks.  We did a lot at the park--a majority of the rides and the lazy river once.  Jenna also got her 1/2 dozen mini donuts she's been craving since day one.  It was the perfect water park day and I got a little tan.  (My arms and legs are so tan, but my stomach is still blindingly white.)



After Blizzard, we got a group together to go to the grand opening of Applebee's near our apartments.  We've been waiting for this for forever and I've actually tried to go there twice--rather unsuccessfully.  But it finally opened and we were done craving it, had to have it.

Lots of Lifeguards!
L to R: Adrian, Kaori, Hannah (ME!), Fernando, Adriana, Jaime, Jenna, Isiah

Jaime, Jenna, and I met up with some fellow life guards from Jenna's region after dinner to play miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens.  What a cool course!  We had a lot of fun, but since there were six of us we had to split into two groups of three.  Jaime, Jenna, and I were in Hannah 1, the other three were in Hannah 2.  (They named us that, not us.)  Jenna won--she was getting 2's almost every hole!--but I got second and Jaime came in an obvious third place.



(As you can see, the holes were all decorated like different sections of the original Fantasia.  Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice with his broomsticks were on #17 and the Sorcerer was #18.)

On Tuesday, Jenna and I went to Animal Kingdom.  She hasn't been since we've been down here and we've been trying to go for about a week now.  It was the first park I went to after I started working here, but that time we only did Dinosaur and Expedition Everest.  But we did a lot this time!  We did Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, Primeval Whirl, Finding Nemo: The Musical, and the parade.  After Animal Kingdom--because it closes at 5:00--we went to Epcot for dinner.  We were both craving sushi like crazy!  It was delicious in the Japanese pavilion, of course!  After dinner, we walked around the World Showcase for a while and tried to eat dessert in Italy, but settled for France.  They have the best chocolate cake, EVER.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work and we were both exhausted at the end of the day.  My camera died right after the Kilimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom, so the rest of the pictures are from Jenna's camera.  She has better quality pictures than I do anyway.

Disney's Animal Kingdom...

The Tree of Life

We found this woman on the street.  This tree woman!

DinoLand, USA!

Finding Nemo: The Musical, one of the best shows at Disney World.

Some of the characters from the parade at Animal Kingdom.

And now Epcot...

Alice, in England, not Wonderland.

Bonjour from France!

Jasmine & Aladdin in Morocco.

Italy!

China!

We saw Belle & the Beast in France and I've seen Mulan in China and heard about some of the princesses in Norway.  But I think they should have Tiana & Naveen in America.  She's from New Orleans, after all.  I just finished that movie today and it was fantastic!  A must-see, for sure.  Anyway, we just didn't get pictures from Canada, American Adventure, Japan, Germany, Norway, and Mexico.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment