Saturday, April 07, 2012

Fresh Mint & Watermelon Soda Floats

I've been doing some behind the scenes stuff on TFATO, and I realized I never posted about a sweet summer treat that Cady and I made last summer.  It was obviously pretty memorable if I remembered it almost a year later, so take notes people!  I got the recipe from How Sweet It Is, a great food blog.


Fresh Mint & Watermelon Soda Floats:

  • 2 1/2 cups fresh watermelon chunks (large seeds removed, the small white ones are fine)
  • 12-15 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
  • 12 ounces club soda or carbonated water of choice
  • vanilla ice cream

In a blender, combine the watermelon, mint and water. Blend and pulse quickly, just until watermelon has broken down – this should only take about 30-60 seconds or so. The blending will “de-carbonate” the water a bit, but it should still have some fizz. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl, glass or measuring cup in order to remove the seeds. Fill two glasses with vanilla ice cream and pour watermelon soda over top. Garnish with additional fresh mint.

This recipe serves two.

It's definitely been warm here lately and that's got me itching for summer.  I can't wait to sit out on the back porch with one of these and a good book!

Picture from the original post, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment