Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Swamp

This is the longest I've ever gone without posting, I think.  One week without hearing from me.  How have you people survived?

Much has happened in the last week, although little is noteworthy.  Really, it's two-fold.  On Friday night, some girls and I had a sushi night.  Instead of going out for sushi, we made it!  I wish I could say I got a lot of fantastic pictures, but my camera's battery was low and I was too into eating.  For an appetizer, I made guacamole.  Zuly--a girl from Mexico--and I were supposed to have a competition, but things didn't work out that way.  She told me mine was better than hers would have been.  A real-life Mexican told me that!  We also had supreme pizza and those sugar cookies with pumpkins on them.  Then the sushi making began!  Everything turned out delicious and it was so much fun.  Thank you Kaori and Marie for teaching everyone!  (Then it turned into a dance party.  Of course.)  Here's a picture of my roll.  It's not perfect, but it was darn good!  It has tuna, avacado, and cucumber.


On Saturday, it was the long awaited UF-LSU football game in Gainesville.  Dexter, Jenna, and I packed up and headed north early in the morning to get a taste of the college football we all missed.  I couldn't have been more excited!  I've been to plenty of college football games in my life, but all of them have involved CU.  I've never seen another school play unless they were playing CU, let alone a pure SEC game!  And talk about a game to see!

We got to Gainseville around 1:30, 6 hours before kick off.  We walked around on University Street across from campus, a little bit around campus, got some lunch, then went over to The Swamp--an apparent famous bar.  We stayed there and watched the South Carolina-Alabama game and conversed with many people--UF, LSU fans alike.  Jenna and Dexter both chose to wear Florida shirts, but I chose to represent LSU on behalf of my family that graduated from LSU.  I have to represent!  Everyone was so nice, even if they were supporting the Gators.  That, I like.  If I wore a CU shirt in Lincoln on game day, you better believe no one would be talking nice to me!  I guess it's that Southern hospitality thing.

Just before the game started, we walked up to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and, boy, it was a sight for sore eyes.  The entire stadium was speckled orange and blue.  (Something I like about CU is 90% of the students wear gold unless it's a black out, in which 100% of the fans, players, and coaches wear black.)  It was huge.  It was beautiful.  And of course the game was amazing.  LSU ended up winning it with six seconds left, giving the Gators their second straight loss.  YAY!  Geaux Tigers!

Here are some photos from that day.  Some of them are Jenna's.








The next exciting thing is the arrival of Sam & Ellie.  It's so close I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment